Saturday/ Sunday 27th/ 28th July 2019, 10.00-16.00 - OURganic Gardens, Gortahork, Co Donegal.
Registration and tea/coffee from 9.30. This Thrive Accredited course provides information, skills and techniques in using social and therapeutic horticulture when working in the areas of rehabilitation, recovery, social inclusion, training and employment.
Suitable for practitioners - including volunteers and allied professionals
OURganic Gardens is located on a 4 acre site in Gortahork, Co Donegal boasting 180∙ views of the mountain scenery and landscapes.
What you will learn:
- To understand and know how to apply the principles and practice of social and therapeutic horticulture to benefit people who have mental health support needs.
- To gain an insight into the role of a horticultural therapist working with people who have mental health support needs.
- To begin to design a client centred social and therapeutic horticulture programme.
- To understand the importance of assessment, monitoring, evaluation, horticultural programming and planning for garden projects and for the individuals attending a garden project.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Call us with any questions on 051 584422
If you are a non voluntary/ statutory organisation please contact us for booking.
Cancellation Policy. We operate a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your place at least 48 hours prior to the day of the course you will not be charged. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the date will incur a full charge due to high demand for our courses.