Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th April 2019, 10.00-16.00 at Cork Association for Autism
Registration and tea/coffee from 9.30. Thrive accredited: Using Social and Therapeutic Horticulture with Children and Young People. In an age of increasing awareness about the importance of children's mental well-being, the use of social and therapeutic horticulture with young people can improve self-esteem and confidence, highlight the importance of connecting with Nature and promote healthy living.
Participants in this course will learn:
- How to apply the theory of social and therapeutic horticulture in working with children,
- Practical approaches to using gardens for engagement and well-being,
- How to create therapeutic programmes aimed at addressing individual and group needs,
- About using assessment in social and therapeutic horticulture with children in diverse settings.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Call us with any questions on 051 584422
If you are a non-voluntary/ statutory organisation please contact us for booking.