Saturday 10th March 2018, 10.00-16.00 at GROW HQ. A beginner's guide to using horticulture as a therapeutic activity. Thrive's Step into Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (STH) workshops offer volunteers, people who are new to STH, and people who are thinking of a career change the opportunity to access an introductory course at a great price.
Suitable for beginners, career changers and volunteers.
What you will learn:
- An insight into social and therapeutic horticulture and how gardening can be beneficial for peoples' physical health and emotional well-being.
- Experience the role of the therapist, and gain an insight into how to work with individuals with a range of support needs.
- Discover how to break gardening tasks down into component parts and make these tasks inclusive.
- How to become involved in social and therapeutic horticulture and career pathways available.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshment
Call us with any questions on 051 584422.