Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019, 10.00-16.00 at An Carn/Drumnaph Co Derry
Registration and tea/coffee from 9.30. Thrive accredited: Using Social and Therapeutic Horticulture with Children and Young People. In an age of increasing awareness about the importance of children's mental well-being, the use of social and therapeutic horticulture with young people can improve self-esteem and confidence, highlight the importance of connecting with Nature and promote healthy living.
Participants on this course will learn:
- How to apply the theory of social and therapeutic horticulture in working with children,
- Practical approaches to using gardens for engagement and well-being,
- How to create therapeutic programmes aimed at addressing individual and group needs,
- About using assessment in social and therapeutic horticulture with children in diverse settings.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments
Call us with any questions on 051 584422.
If you are a non voluntary/ statutory organisation please contact us for booking.
Cancellation Policy. We operate a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your place at least 48 hours prior to the day of the course you will not be charged. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the date will incur a full charge due to high demand for our courses.