Saturday 18th August 2018, 10.00-16.00 at GROW HQ. A beginner's guide to using horticulture as a therapeutic activity. Thrive's Step into Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (STH) workshops offer volunteers, people who are new to STH, and people who are thinking of a career change the opportunity to access an introductory course at a great price.
Suitable for beginners, career changers and volunteers.
What you will learn:
- An insight into social and therapeutic horticulture and how gardening can be beneficial for peoples' physical health and emotional well-being.
- Experience the role of the therapist, and gain an insight into how to work with individuals with a range of support needs.
- Discover how to break gardening tasks down into component parts and make these tasks inclusive.
- How to become involved in social and therapeutic horticulture and career pathways available.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshment
Call us with any questions on 051 584422.
Feedback on previous courses;
“This course was a fantastic experience”
“ I really enjoyed this course in terms of raising my awareness in how to better help those with mental health issues, and also other learning and physical needs”
“I found all of this course useful-very thought provoking”
“Loved every moment of this course, and the people involved”
“This course has given me a new direction of thought with regards to working with individuals and groups of people”
“ This course directed and structured the work that I plan to do in social and therapeutic horticulture”