Course dates: Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th November, 2018
Venue: Drumnaph Community Nature Reserve, Maghera, Co.Derry/ An Carn, Maghera
Registration and Tea / Coffee: 9.30 am
Fee: €175 (the reduced price has been offered thanks to funding from Cookstown and Western Shores Area Network, The Public Health Agency, NI.)
This 2-day course provides information, skills and techniques in using social and therapeutic horticulture when working in the areas of rehabilitation, recovery, social inclusion, training and employment.
Practitioners - including volunteers and allied professionals
What you will learn:
- To understand and know how to apply the principles and practice of social and therapeutic horticulture to benefit people who have mental health support needs,
- To gain an insight into the role of a horticultural therapist working with people who have mental health support needs,
- To begin to design a client centred social and therapeutic horticulture programme,
- To understand the importance of assessment, monitoring, evaluation, horticultural programming and planning for garden projects and for the individuals attending a garden project.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshments