Alan Titchmarsh How to Garden
An allotment can be a source of abundant fresh fruit and vegetables for the home, as well as an oasis of calm for all the family to enjoy, but taking one on and learning how to grow your own can be an intimidating prospect. Alan Titchmarsh makes allotment gardening easy by explaining how to get the most from your plot with easy-to-follow, practical information and advice on what to grow, when to harvest and how to store your produce.
* How to assess your plot and work with what you've got
* Advice on layout and crop rotation
* Expert guidance on care and maintenance
* Directory of vegetables, fruit and herbs
* Seasonal calendar of what to do when
Vegetables & Herbs:
Learn all the tricks to grow vegetables from seed, maintain mature plants, keep the pests at bay and produce a sustainable crop in your vegetable garden.
* A-Z of vegetables and herbs, how to grow your own and harvest them
* advice on feeding, watering and combating pests, weeds and diseases
* practical tips on preparing and improving soil
* how to manage your plot to ensure year-round produce
Alan Titchmarsh imparts a lifetime of expertise in these definitive guides for beginners and experienced gardeners. Step-by-step illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions guide you through the basic skills and on to the advanced gardening techniques, providing everything you need to create and maintain your dream garden.