Fennel (Romanesco Organic)
Fennel Seeds Sowing instructions:
A delicious, white, aniseed-flavoured bulb that will be ready to eat in four months. Worth growing for its pretty foliage alone. It’s a little tricky to grow, but definitely worth a try.
May to August
September to October
- Needs warm growing conditions, so it should be grown in the summer.
- If exposed to fluctuating or low temperatures it will be at risk of bolting.
- Fennel can be sown in modules for later transplanting or directly into soil.
- If sowing in modules, sow one seed per module from late April to July.
- If sowing direct, sow from late May till July, 1cm deep, thinly, in rows 30cm apart.
Visit the GIY Veg directory for more growing details and tips.
Share this Product