Make every meal feel home-grown with this selection of easy to grow annual herbs
This medium sized GROWBox is a selection of our favourite and easiest to grow herbs. Herbs are a fantastic way to start your GIY journey, because even if you don’t manage to grow all your own food, adding some fresh herbs makes every meal taste homegrown. Also shop bought herbs are generally expensive and often end up rotting down the back of the fridge, from where they will judge you silently every time you open the door. Because they do well in pots, and indoors, herbs are ideal for the Urban GIYer about town.
What’s in the GROWBox?
This is a box full of possibility – imagine yourself tucking in to a meal with your own home-grown fresh herbs making it taste amazing? But before you get there, you’ve got to grow it. This box contains:
- Herbs Seed Packs x 4
- 1 Pencil and notepad – always a good plan to jot down your sowing dates, progress and good intentions..
- Plant Labels – no, you won’t remember what’s in each pot! Always label them..
- 8cm coir pots x 4 – for sowing some of your seeds in to
- Compost Discs x 4 – one for each pot (they bulk out when you add water)
- This little grow your own Guide (we’ve stuffed it with loads of stuff we’ve learned about growing)
Where to grow them:
- We recommend sowing the seeds on a windowsill inside your house or apartment to start. Put them somewhere sunny. They will look amazing.
- When the seedlings get a little bigger, we will be moving them in to bigger pots to grow them on. Remember, most herbs do better in warm, sunny locations – just like humans really.
At a Glance
Seeds Per Pack
When to Sow
March to July
Feb to September
Year around for inside
Feb to July